Day 12-

 Tuesday, May 23rd-

    The final day, I spent most of today running around and tieing up loose ends. I started rather late today after working late the previous night but with that, I spent the majority of the day catching up on assignments and covering mandatory tasks. Eventually sitting down and working on my piece a bit after 3:00pm, working between other tasks until 9:30pm for a dorm meeting. 

In the time spent working, I mostly focused on figuring the hair out. I have previously mentioned that I enjoy drawing or painting hair, however, in this piece, it's proven difficult to find a balance in detailing. I believe I will spend some of the in-between hours tomorrow working to refurbish the hair a bit, as well as significantly finishing up the background. From the few people who have seen my piece, they all commented on the contrast of the foreground to the background. I was already going to do this (as I always planned on it and I think it looks good), but more so I will focus on balancing it out and having a good difference of perceivable but not overly detailed. 

    I am very excited about finishing up and avoiding repeating anything in my final reflection, I will leave it at that.


With about three hours working on the piece specifically today as well, I have reached a total of sixty eight hours... to my calculations which should be right, I'm just unsure...

-Written @ 7:24am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5- Under the Knife...

Day 4- Shading... lot's of shading

Day 2- References, Ideas, and Testing