Day 4- Shading... lot's of shading

Thursday, May 11th- 

    Thursday was much less focused on detail and much more so on shading. I like to make art be some magical trick of the eye, as in the better of an artist you are, the better you are at creating things into something else.

    Such as how I am currently trying to make this piece look less sh*t in my humble opinion of my own art... Anyways, a huge part of all art is shading to create value and depth, the actual trick of the eye is created by both of those. When a piece of paper and some cremated vines becomes an image that, most importantly, is recognizable as the subject it was made of.

              As such, here is a side-by-side of yesterday's end piece and today's photo. Still, a long way to go with shading alone, as in order to get the actual value difference between points like skin and the much darker t-shirt, a lot of layers are needed. Otherwise, today went rather satisfactory as I have never tried the brushing technique for charcoal and I'm quite happy with its outcome for now!

    For tomorrow I am ambitious to fix the face of the creature, unfortunately, she may have to go under the knife and have some work done... I really gotta fix 'em up...


-Anyways another solid 6 hours today!

-Written @ 10:10pm

Comments

  1. Nora, It is so delightful to read your poetic language and to witness your process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5- Under the Knife...

Day 2- References, Ideas, and Testing