Day 6- Back under the knife...

Saturday, May 13th-

Once again focusing on the face, I move in with new tools and techniques to clean and remodel parts of the face. Taking occasional breaks from the face to do more layers on the shirt and hair, to which I then was able to continue on the face again. I did struggle a bit with the amount of detail I put in, because if one part reaches a certain amount of detail then it needs to be continuous over the entire piece, so I am still working to figure out what that point is. 




This is a picture I believe I took Saturday or maybe Friday night, my blogs have been a bit off as I have been working on the piece and unsatisfied with how I leave it so I'll keep working before I post it on a blog...

Luckily though I am getting much happier with the face, my natural success in drawing has always been fabric/clothing, so having the face work out as well comforts me in how the final will turn out.

-In the meantime here are some of the beautiful blooms around campus! Oh and between my work Saturday and the work I put in Sunday to compensate for rather slow progress was about 8-9 hours.

                                                          
Continuing on, I also realized that I am approaching a time crunch this week. My brother's college graduation is this/next weekend and I am excited to be going, however, that does mean that I am missing about two days of work! So Tomorrow I will be powering through to finish up a majority of details in the face, hair, and shirt. 


---Brief sidenote, I hope many of you got to see our spring play, Ada And The Engine, it's always fun working on the play as its creation pretty much all in your own time and capability. Here are some behind the scenes from the tech crew:











Six and a half hours today, which aligns well with my pre-project estimate!
- Last updated Sunday 10:23 am

Comments

  1. Joan Dickinson SaundersMay 16, 2023 at 11:43 AM

    Your attention to detail and critical analysis is an exemplar format of your style. And, I LOVE the photos!! Keep going--it's all part of this huge final project experience. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5- Under the Knife...

Day 2- References, Ideas, and Testing

Day 4- Shading... lot's of shading