Day 7-

Monday, May 15th-

    Alrighty, so along with Sunday I've put in a fair amount of overtime in order to finish before I leave campus for my brother's graduation. And unlike past blogs, there honestly isn't much new to say about my process or day. From about Saturday on out, about all I do is shading now, I do highlights at the very end, but now I am working to find the darkest points and final details.

    For example I believe this was the end of the day on Sunday, I had finished off the face on Saturday and now turning to the shirt's details. This part is where finding the darkest points really comes in as it is the darkest object in the original photo. In order for the rest of the drawing to be even with the photo, I need it to be true as dark yet detailed and blended as possible. For as much time I spend on this piece and for how much I enjoy being able to work on art all the time, I wish I somehow had more to say. But my work is truly just staring at an extremely zoomed-in photo and then scrubbing a dirty brush on paper...
    

Here is a cute Bee and some more beautiful blossoms of the times I did leave my room.

Tomorrow I am planning on finishing up the shirt and beginning the hair!! I am a bit nervous about the hair as it is actually quite mane-like now that I think about it, with the golden curls.

An estimated six hours today as I am not quite sure when I started.
-Written @ 11:01pm


Comments

  1. Nora, I'm absolutely loving watching your progress and I cannot wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5- Under the Knife...

Day 2- References, Ideas, and Testing

Day 4- Shading... lot's of shading