Day 9-


 Wednesday, May 17th-

Following multiple rather productive days, my momentum is slowing a fair amount. I've reached a point where everything has been started and now the finishing details and work is all that's left. In other words... extremely tedious and slow work. 

My main focus after Tuesday's long push has been hair, it's going well, Logan and I were joking about making their hair a bit more voluminous as Logan's hair in the photo was still a bit wet and rather flat. But having some fun with that, it seems to have coincidentally made Logan's shoulders much slimmer than in the original photo. That'll certainly be my focus for tomorrow morning and when I return! Nonetheless, for current progress, the base layer is complete with the hair now started. So far my only concern for the hair is being able to show the depth and difference of curls, having a distinction between the locks. I do enjoy drawing hair though as I've always thought the lighting and strands to be very pretty and delicate, it can truly tie a piece together with the details of hair strands. Although this blog was rather short and hair focused, the piece is going rather well and better photos will be uploaded soon (I forgot to take a full one before writing this)!


A bit over six hours today, I think my body started getting bored of sitting in the same seat for a week and a half...

-Written @ 6:48pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5- Under the Knife...

Day 4- Shading... lot's of shading

Day 2- References, Ideas, and Testing