Week 2 Reflection Post


 Sunday, May 21st-

    Unfortunately, this Weekly Reflection will be on the weaker side, as I was absent for the majority of the week so there is only so much I can write about. I have been working to be able to be present for my brother's graduation from Colgate University in upstate New York. While it was amazing and all the transportation chaos to get there was worth it. The main focus must now return to progress and reflection!

    Before leaving, however, this week was also quite busy with work. Despite being absent for three and a half days my hour total is twenty-four hours, which was necessary for my time fulfillment and my piece's progress. Looking back on the week, it is quite intense how quickly the piece developed, going from light shading and untouched areas to how it nearly looks now at the very end of the week.








    The two photos were taken a day apart, almost exactly twenty-four hours, and although it is obvious to anyone, it shocks me the most how different they are. Personally, this proves the importance of time flexibility and independent scheduling for creative work. As there is a true flow to productivity, there are thousands of moments where inspiration, stamina, or interest waivers. This can lead to me wanting to sit on the floor for hours or take a nap at erratic times, but more so struggling to have stable production. Considering how often this lack of inspiration occurs, it's confusing how work is being completed. That is where days like Tuesday come in, time passes with ease, my focus is rarely divided, and I am working for hours on end without budging. This type of work is what I had hoped I could achieve for my Senior Project, these grueling and arduous hours would seem impossible if I were just told to work that long. But as hinted at by how time passed for me, I proved to myself just how much I enjoy art and how natural it is to me.

    A bit of rambling, but it was a major goal of my Senior Project to prove my dedication to art. I am quite excited about the final push as I am content with the piece's current state. However, I will finish off by stating my mild concern for the finishing timeline, as I will continue to work until I am content and that must come before Wednesday. How exciting!!


-Updated @ 6:54pm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5- Under the Knife...

Day 4- Shading... lot's of shading

Day 2- References, Ideas, and Testing